Wednesday, July 4, 2012

21+: Blueberry Gin-ger-ade


Happy 4th to all of you in America, and happy Wednesday to the rest of you.  I made this drink last night for some festivities and thought that I would share it with you all.  It got great reviews from my friends and really hit the spot with the heat. Its cool, sweet, and is easy to throw together.  You can even make some of it ahead of time and throw in the ginger ale right before you leave.  This makes about 2 liters of drink but could be halved or doubled pretty easily.

You will need:
1 big bottle of inexpensive gin.  (I tried to find the exact size of these bottle and failed...so I apologize for that.)
1 liter of Ginger Ale
2 frozen limeade (from concentrates, or I'm sure you could also use bottled limeade)
Handful of frozen blueberries (optional, but gives it that nice color)

In a 2 liter pitcher (see picture below) combine 3/4 of the bottle of gin, the ginger ale, and the limeade.  Stir to combine and break up the limeade if you are using the frozen kind.  Give it a taste and adjust the gin level as needed by either adding more, or adding more ginger ale.  Add in the handful of frozen blueberries and give it another stir. You could probably use fresh blueberries, but I don't think they'd add the same color.  If thats all you have give them a bit of a mash before tossing them in.

 Serve the drink cold or over ice.  And make sure that people know that there is alcohol in it! Hope everyone has a safe, fun, and cool 4th (or Wednesday).


1 comment:

  1. Very good info. Lucky me I ran across your website by accident (stumbleupon).
    I've saved as a favorite for later!
    Also see my webpage - verjaardagsfeesjte 10 jaar

    ReplyDelete