Monday, March 28, 2011

Recipe: Sticky Buns

Sometimes you just need a gooey, sticky, delicious breakfast.  My parents recently tried this recipe from the "Carolina Country" magazine and told me that I needed to share it with you.  While I generally post recipes that I have tried myself or made up, I'm willing to make exceptions...especially when the pictures look so good.  Reading over the recipe it is great because you use pre-made biscuits which would be a huge timesaver over making your own dough.  I know some of you crazy people like raisins in with your sticky buns, so if you want to add them I will try and denote in the recipe where you should sprinkle them.  

1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 cup butter or margarine
1 cup coarsely chopped pecans
1/2 cup sugar
2 Tablespoons ground cinnamon
2 tubes (17.3 ounces each ) large refrigerated biscuits
 
In a saucepan, combine the brown sugar, corn syrup, and butter: cook and stir until sugar is dissolved.  Add the pecans.  Spoon into a greased 13 X 9 X 2 inch baking pan (Sprinkle in the raisins if desired). In a shallow bowl, combine sugar and cinnamon.  cut each biscuit in half ( I cut into 1/4s); dip in cinnamon-sugar mixture.  Place, cut side down, over brown sugar mixture.  Bake at 375 degrees for 25 - 30 minutes or until golden brown.  Invert onto a serving plate;  serve warm.  

Yield 12 - 16 servings
 
This recipe was in  "Carolina Country" magazine March 2011 edition.  They originated in the Taste of Home magazine www.tasteofhome.com.
 

No comments:

Post a Comment